Chugiak-Eagle River Senior Center exists to provide quality services and facilities to meet the needs of seniors and disabled adults in our community. Donations from individuals, foundations, corporations, businesses and other organizations help us to continue to address our clients’ ongoing needs.
The following is a list of just a few of the accomplishments that have been made possible as a result of past donations:
- Purchased original Meals-on-Wheels (MOW) van that was recently replaced with a new MOW truck.
- Refurbished our older apartments.
- Helped provide needed services to the Center.
- Purchased new furniture for the main dining room, lounges, and the dining rooms in Assisted Living and Adult Day Services
- Purchased items for four disaster/emergency kits.
- Refurbish the lounges, the computer lab, library and other areas used by residents and clients.
- Mended Hearts, Inc. donated funds to purchase four Automated External Defibrillators for the Center.
- Jack White Real Estate has made numerous donations to the Center in the past years such as artwork, 2 BBQ grills, a flat screen TV and a Wii for our exercise room and two brand new computers for the computer lounges.
- Purchased a new van to provide transportation to doctor’s appointments and shopping.
In the recent past a $10,000 donation from BP helped pay for MOW and the Assisted Living Program present project. Also, the 2015 Walk for Seniors raised over $1,200 for the Good Samaritan (Sam) Fund which helps residents who are unable to pay for needed services.
Securing continued funding is an ongoing priority of the Center and will allow us to continue to expand senior services and do much more. Future donations will help us continue to provide quality services and senior living facilities.
Take a moment today and support Chugiak-Eagle River Senior Center by making a donation. Please take a moment and press the button below to make a one-time donation or elect to give a monthly recurring gift.
Eagle River Senior Center
22424 N Birchwood Loop
Chugiak, AK 99567
For more information, contact Monika Dahlberg, Operations Director, at (907)688-2683.