Chugiak-Eagle River Senior Center has a lot going on for the seniors who take advantage of its programs. The new and improved gym offers equipment such as an elliptical, treadmills, weights and more to help keep you strong and remain independent.
In order to take advantage of our exercise classes or use the gym, we ask that you become a member of our Senior Center ($30 annually per person or $45 for a couple). The Gym Membership is a very low $30 per person a month or $35 for a couple.
The wellness coordinators schedule a variety of classes to help seniors kept fit and improve longevity. And for those who participate in the programs their stamina is increasing ten-fold. Just stop by and take a tour so you can see for yourself what we have to offer.
- Centering Class – Mondays at 8am
- Zumba – Tuesdays at 8am and Fridays at 9am
- Circuit Training – Mondays at 9am and Wednesdays at 8am
- Tai Chi – Mondays at 10am
- Yoga – Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 9am and Active Yoga Fridays at 8am
Call 688-2674 for more information.
Health Outreach Program
A grant from the Municipality of Anchorage supports the Chugiak-Eagle River Senior Center Health Outreach Program. This program employs a Registered Nurse who is available to help you with your health care needs. In addition, this program offers many activities to help seniors maintain their independence and health. There is no cost for participating in any of the Health Outreach events.
- Wellness Clinics (Wed 12-1pm)
- Strong Seniors (Mon, Wed, Fri 11am)
- Arthritis Foundation Tai Chi classes (Tue, Thu 11am)
- Brain Fitness
- Health Outreach Potlucks
Contact Betty Burke R.N. at 688-2609 for more information.